- Over 30 years of experience in the Power Plant Design Engineering and Construction
discipline for nuclear and fossil power projects, with project experience
ranging from Instrumentation and Controls, Simulation Analysis, to Project
Engineering and Management activities.
- As Consultant, our team participated in various multi-million dollars
full scope power plant operator training simulator projects (nuclear and fossil) and
rendered simulator consulting services: simulator acquisition project
management, modeling development, consulting, simulator acceptance testing
- Successfully developed Simulation products - CASSIMTM
Software and Simulators which have achieved commercial success in
corporations like Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. (AECL), Daiwoo Shipbuilding &
Marine Engineering Co. (DSME), the
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), and an utility company in Los
- Current simulators product line includes: (a) NPP Simulators CANDU,
PWR, BWR, ACR (Advanced CANDU) (b) Fossil Thermal Power Plant Simulators (c) Combined-Cycle
Cogeneration (d) Solid waste incinerator power plant (e) Landfill gas power
plant, fossil-fired power plant.
- The Nuclear Simulator products have made significant contributions in
Asian Pacific countries such as the nuclear human resources training project
in Thailand. As well, the CTI NPP Simulators have been widely used as part
of university's nuclear engineering education curriculum in key universities
and institutes in Canada, U.S., Thailand, Japan, Romania, Poland, India,
- It is recognized that our CASSIMTM Software made important
improvement in the manufacturing process (model-based process control
checkout) for the Liquefied Natural Gas Carrier (LNGC) manufactured by
Daiwoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) in Korea. As such, our
customer DSME Research unit was awarded high honor for their important
- CTI delivered very successful training workshops for
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on NPP Simulators for Education
since 1999. Workshop attendance includes world-wide international audience -
nuclear researchers, scientists, engineers, professors, regulators,
managers, plant superintendent, and graduate students.
Our team was performing simulator model development and acceptance testing
for a DCS based fossil-fired power plant.
Our Nuclear Power Plant (CANDU 900 MWe) Simulator was utilized for the modern control
room design by a nuclear reactor vendor (AECL). The CTI NPP simulator provided dynamic
transient data to the Plant Display System (PDS) in the control room, which
generated alarms, status indication for equipment and devices, and
time trends for critical parameters, etc., as part of the man-machine
interface (MMI) testing and verification exercise.
Our team member was delivering the "NPP
Simulators for Education" Workshop for IAEA. Integral part of the
workshop is hands-on experience by Member States participants in utilizing
the NPP simulators to gain insight of various advanced reactor types, their
operational characteristics, and their responses to perturbations and
Our Reports and Publications
- Gaining Competitive Advantage in Combined-Cycle Power Plant Operations,
Electric Power Conference 2005, Chicago, U.S.A., April 5-7, 2005.
- A Multi-Nodal Thermal-Hydraulic Model for U-Tube Steam Generator, 9th
International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics
(NURETH-9), San Francisco, California, October 3 - 8, 1999.
- A Functional Model for Simulator Based Training in the Pacific Basin,
11th Pacific Basic Nuclear Conference, Banff, Canada, May 3 - 7, 1998.
- Multi-Purpose Use of the Advanced CANDU Compact Simulator, 5th
International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Thermal Hydraulics, Operations and
Safety (NUTHOS-5), Beijing, April 14 - 18, 1997.
- CASSIMTM software and Compact Training Simulators - Major
Goals, Advantages and Future Directions, International Conference on
Training Operators and Safety Operations of NPPs, Beijing, September 16 -
- Simulation Based Reactor Control Design Methodology for CANDU 9,
Canadian Nuclear Society 5th International Conference, Montreal, Canada,
September 8 - 11, 1996.
- A Simulator Based Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) System Addition For
Operator Training, Simulation Multiconference on International Simulators,
Arlington, Virginia, U.S.A, March 29 - April 1, 1993
REPORTS & MANUALS
- Consultant Reports for International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
(a) Reactor Simulator Development IAEA Training Course Series 12-2001
(b) Boiling Water Reactor Simulator IAEA Training Course Series 22 2003
(c) Pressurized Water Reactor Simulator IAEA Training Course Series 23 -
2003 (IAEA-TCS-23, ISSN-1018-5518).
- (d) Advanced CANDU (ACR-700) Reactor Simulator IAEA Training Course
- Consultant Report for Ontario Hydro Fossil Simulator Project - OH Fossil
Training Simulator Design Requirements and Technical Specification Document.
- Research Project Report Application of Expert Systems to Advanced
Process Analysis and Control joint report submitted to PRECARN Associates
by OH, CAE and U. of T. (one of the contributors).
- Report for Darlington NPP A Full Scope Simulator Proposal
Report for Using Programmable Controller Input/Output Electrical Interfacing
Standards in Substitution for Electrical Wiring Diagrams in the Development
of Control Logic Simulation Module for Process Systems.
- Report for Darlington NPP A Full Scope Simulator -
Mathematical Modeling Reports for Electrics and some Balance of Plant
- Report for Darlington NPP A Full Scope Simulator - Software
Utilities Report for Supporting Instructor Facility and Computerized Testing
System (one of the contributors).